Terms and Conditions
- References made to P.C.S, or ‘the company/vendor’, shall be deemed to mean Parallel Control Systems Limited.
- All orders placed are subject to our written acceptance. Quotations are without engagement and are subject to goods and/or services being available when the order is processed. P.C.S reserve the right not to fulfil any order should the purchaser’s credit worthiness prove unsatisfactory. Where quotations are undertaken using information provided by the vendor, or a third party, it is the responsibility of said vendor/third party to ensure that the details so provided are accurate and not subject to misinterpretation. It is advised that all available documentation is made available to P.C.S at the earliest opportunity. Any information revealed after placement of order may result in variations to the amount quoted, or to the time allocated for provision of such works. Variation in terms and conditions or contract provided after the provision of a quotation may invalidate the proposal and P.C.S reserves the right to withdraw the quotation and amend the offer to suit the documentation.
- All prices quoted refer to the quantity stated and content and any variation in quantity/content may have a bearing upon the price per unit value.
- Delivery dates will be adhered to as accurately as possible but the company cannot be held responsible for non-delivery where the cause is beyond our reasonable control.
- All quotations are made as an ‘offer to treat’ open for a period of 30 days unless otherwise stated. No quotation shall be binding on either party until confirmed in writing. All quotations are conditional upon the vendor being able to supply the goods/services quoted. No liability shall fall upon the vendor for non-supply of goods/services for any reason beyond the reasonable control of P.C.S.
- All quotations are given exclusive of V.A.T. which will be added at the prevailing rate at time of invoicing.
- All prices are based on plant and permit availability; any waiting time incurred through no fault of P.C.S shall be chargeable at our normal rates, and at our sole discretion.
- Claims made for damaged goods, damage in transit or quantity discrepancies must be made to P.C.S within 3 working days of the due delivery date, by letter, fax, or email. Claims for non-delivery must be made within 24 hours. In all circumstances any claim made by telephone must be backed up with a written confirmation. Failure to adhere to this will result in no liability being assumed by P.C.S. This provision is extended to include services or the provision of labour.
- Terms of payment must be strictly adhered to, and are based upon monthly valuations, unless agreed in writing with P.C.S prior to commencement of any work. An application for credit must be made using documentation provided by ourselves and unless completed and processed satisfactorily all billing will be strictly pro-forma. Account applications are at the sole discretion of P.C.S, who reserve the right utilise a regulated credit-checking agency in arriving at such a decision. Account holders terms are strictly net 30 (thirty) days from invoice date, unless agreed in writing by P.C.S. Any clerical or administrative reason for non-payment is not acceptable. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure P.C.S are aware of any specific way in which documentation should be presented to ensure prompt payment. Any payment withheld, for any reason whatsoever, may be deemed by P.C.S to be in breach of payment terms. P.C.S will apply a 10% late payment charge on any invoice that has not been received by the 15th of the month following when payment was due. P.C.S have the right to recharge any preferential discount terms previously negotiated on overdue accounts, plus any reasonable costs incurred in recovery of said debt. P.C.S reserve the right to terminate any works/projects should the financial situation of the purchaser, in the opinion of the vendor, become impaired or unsatisfactory.
- Retention of Title. Title shall remain with P.C.S until such time that all invoiced costs have been paid. Until such time any goods are deemed to be held on trust and the purchaser shall be deemed to be responsible for any damage or loss, however caused.
- Cancellation of any order shall be charged at 10% of the final order value, plus all reasonable labour and materials costs incurred by P.C.S
- Default on any form of payment will result in the title immediately reverting back to P.C.S for the goods/services provided. Any default shall render the purchaser liable to seizure of all goods supplied under contract. It does not remove the liability of the purchaser to pay for all ordered goods, nor does it prevent P.C.S from pursuing the matter to a conclusion in the civil courts.
- Goods may only be returned for credit with the written permission of P.C.S. A handling charge may be applied to cover reasonable costs. Any item which has been subject to amendment, alteration, or modification by the purchaser may not be the subject of any return.
- When notice of inspection/shipping has been given to the purchaser no responsibility can be taken by the vendor should the purchaser chose not to inspect the goods prior to any shipping. All carriage will be charged to the client at cost. Any work carried out with an end user final destination outside of the UK must be fully paid for prior to despatch from our premises.
- The vendor deems to ensure that all goods supplied are sourced from a reputable source, preferably Quality Assured, and preference will be given to suppliers able to demonstrate good working practices especially with regard to environmental issues and matters of fair trade.
- Where pre-cast plinths have been provided for installation they must be sound, level, flat and of minimal tolerance deviation.
- When attending site we must we must have full and unobstructed access to the work area. This to include door openings, pipes, ducting, trays and plant.
- All on-site facilities relating to Health & Safety requirements are to be provided by the site owner, or their agent, prior to any site-works, or delivery taking place.
- Force Majeure. If the vendor is prevented from making a delivery of any goods due to forces beyond reasonable control, however caused, then there shall be no liability placed upon the vendor for non-delivery. These shall include: war, conflict, terrorism, strike, industrial dispute, fire, explosion, breakdown (whether this be by mechanical or other means), failure of sources in supply of materials, shortages/delays in obtaining necessary fuel supplies, interruption of transport not within the control of P.C.S, Governmental sanction, or any cause whatsoever not within the reasonable control of P.C.S. This is extended to include the removal of supplied labour if circumstances deem such provision to be dangerous to personnel employed by P.C.S in a direct, or indirect capacity.
- These terms and conditions supersede all previous versions and shall be applied to all contracts unless any variations are agreed between the purchaser and a Director of P.C.S, in writing, at the time the contract is made.
- These terms may be varied by P.C.S from time to time. A 30-day notice period will be given prior to any variation. In the event that any conflict should arise between P.C.S and any client regarding Terms and Conditions, unless otherwise stated in writing, these Terms and Conditions shall always take precedence.
- All correspondence to P.C.S shall be made to the registered office at: Unit 10 The Swan Business Centre, Stephens Way, Warminster BA128GH.
- The terms and conditions are prepared in accordance with UK law, and are intended to be in addition to, and not contrary to any statutory rights.